Pages

Wednesday 9 September 2020

History of the Ngatu

 Task description: Today for writing I first watching a video of the history of Tonga, after watching it I wrote a couple of sentences that I learnt about in the video. In that case your wondering I wrote about the history of Ngatu/Tapa cloth. Here's my writing from what I let from the history of Ngatu:

When making the Ngatu / Tapa cloths the women first peel the bark from the tree that is cut down. The second thing you do once you're done peeling the bark is that they take it and hang it outside for the sun to dry it. Then you soak the dry bark into water so it can get soft. The fourth thing you do is beat the wood with a tool called an ike so that it can be more thin and wider. Then you let it dry again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment